Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Poor little puppies!




Our zone today for the last zone meeting because exchanges are Sunday.


We went for a run in the park in the morning bright and early and found these cool little structures.



So grateful for rainbows!

So this week was probably one of the hardest weeks here for me so far, but it was amazing as well. The beginning of the week started off slow and hard because it was just those days where it felt like we weren’t teaching anyone and our appointments were falling through. I was feeling down and so was my companion. I felt like I was kind of hitting a plateau with the language and the teaching. I felt like I didn’t know how to teach the gospel even in English if I had to. It was just a hard couple of day. And I was feeling down because I’ve been sick for a month straight. On Thursday everything started getting better little by little. We decided that we had to change something. So we set new goals, figured out how to change things up. We decided to fast on Friday and that helped a lot. Saturday all of our visits we had were really good. I was able to understand so much in the lessons and participate more with speaking, and they actually understood me so that was a bonus! Ha-ha! We both started feeling so much better about everything and I am feeling more confident with the language and teaching. I know I can do this and I know it’s possible with the help of the Lord. I know I couldn’t have survived this week without prayer, the Book of Mormon, and fasting for help. I received so much comfort and help it was amazing. I haven’t felt this much comfort since the fire happened. It’s amazing how much the Lord loves us. And I know that when we need him the most that’s when he will look out for us and comfort us so much. This is a hard thing, but it’s possible to overcome it, because of the Lord. I have felt the Holy Ghost’s comfort and guidance with so many things. I love the Lord and I love the gift of prayer, and I just simply love this gospel. 

Okay story time. So we were teaching Isabel on Friday. While we were teaching her, her kids were playing with this new dog they got, it was a puppy. While we were teaching I was really trying to focus on what was going on in front of me, but I was so distracted because the little 4 year old boy was running around with the dog grabbing it by its neck and I thought it was going to throw up. I’m usually not a dog person around here because they are all gross, ha-ha, but I just felt so bad for this dog. Then later at the end of the lesson I was looking around for the dog and it was under my chair just lying there... I just looked at the dog then to my companion then back to the dog. It wasn’t moving and its eyes were closed. I just knew that dog had to have been dead. I tried touching it and it didn’t move. Then Isabel said it wasn’t dead just sleeping. I wasn’t too sure about that. So I snapped in its ear and it moved just a little bit. So it was still alive, so that was good. The next day we came back for a next visit and we walked into the house and the little boy is running around with a different puppy in his hand. I instantly thought “THE DOG IS DEAD! I  KNEW IT WAS DEAD!” Then I tried asking the little boy what happened to the other dog, but I didn’t know how and I couldn’t understand him. Then out ran the other little dog and I have never been so happy to see a dog in Mexico. Then the little boy was running around with two little puppies by their necks...I personally think it’s a backup dog for when the first one dies, but that’s just me. 

So last night a bad 80’s horror movie took place in our house. We got home from a meeting we had at the church and our house was infested. For starters when we get home, I look for the cockroaches that are in the house so I can kill them. There are always 1 or 2 in the house, at most 4. BUT last night there were over 25 cockroaches in our house! I have never been so scared in my life. It first started where we have our study area. There was one and I killed it. Then another in the kitchen and I killed it. Then I had to go to the bathroom and when I opened the door one ran out into the other room where the light doesn’t work so I couldn’t find it. Then I went into the bathroom and saw one in the shower and I killed it. Then I saw two in the water bucket we use to flush the toilet so I yelled for Hermana Manzano. She came in and looked around and there were a ton on the ceiling and in the sink and the door and just everywhere. I ran out screaming, still having to go to the bathroom and she followed screaming. We went and grabbed the bug spray and I grabbed my big rain coat and zipped it all the way up and pulled the drawstrings and put the hood up so you could only see my eyes. My companion had the bug spray in one hand and one of her shoes in the other and we went in. We opened the door and she started spraying and the cockroaches started flying around (I had no idea they could fly) and landing on her, so I bolted out the door, leaving her in there. She ran out shaking her body off and I grabbed the broom and started hitting her with it to get them off of us, then they were all killed. She only had two on her, it wasn’t that bad, but at the same time it was. Then we went into the other rooms and found more and killed them. Then finally into the last room and found more and I had a broom and was killing them and she had her shoe and we were both just smacking at the floor and screaming, and me still having to go to the bathroom. It was just a lot of noise and crazy all at once. And in the middle of it all we were just laughing and we both may have peed our pants a little because we were both scared and laughing so hard. Ha-ha, but it was a good little adventure. We survived with pride and a hate for bugs. 

I love you all and hope you have the best week. Thank you all for your letters; they help me so much. Always remember to pray when you need it most and when you need someone to talk. He always listens and cares for you. I love you all so much! Have a great week and remember to look for the blessings in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment