Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Proud to be an American/Mexican!



Another wonderful day at the Merida Temple!
Vicente has come to church with us two weeks in a row!
The red dress with white embroidery reminds me of my Grandma Hope! Love it!
A very Pinterest-worthy pic, yes?
One of my favorite dresses is trashed...

I guess I learned a few things on Pinterest! Re-purpose, recycle, re-use!  


 Well, another week has flown by here in good old Paca-Paca. We had a fresh week full of sickness and a shot in the buttocks. We started this week off pretty American. We went with two of the members last Monday to the MALLLLL! I felt right at home (other than the fact I was a missionary!) It was super nice there and really pretty and they had really great stores with all of this new 70’s style that’s coming back? I don’t know what that’s about but the whole floral thing has really taken off!

In the beginning of last week I started getting a cold and by the middle of the week I couldn’t even talk and I’m not exaggerating.  For about two days flat I was doing this whole mucky smoker kind of talking. Hermana Bailey was doing really well at singing solos during this week in the lessons. Then a couple days after me she got sick. We went to the doctor close to our house and I got a shot; they think it’s just really wrong to do them in the arm...

This week also Vicente came to church again and that was pretty exciting! We went with the member to pick him up and he just loved it all over again. He is really hard to teach, because he just breaks out in song whenever he feels like it, and asks lots of questions, but I’m sure some day he will get baptized. The other day he gave us some references to contact. They all rejected us pretty hard and all I could do was just feel sad for them because they are missing out on changing their life and their eternity. We were talking the other day wondering if these people that reject us will get to watch it somehow in the other life. Of when they rejected their chance to listen to such a wonderful message. It’s just really sad, but all you can do is just keep going and finding the people that really need it and want it. 

On Saturday we had an activity with the Stake for the Relief society, for the anniversary.  All of the wards had a dance that they had to do and our ward was the best! They all did a traditional dance and it was the coolest thing I have ever seen. It made me very proud to be Mexican! We had the family Foster there with us; well, her and her two daughters! They are so great and they had a lot of fun! They are going to be coming with us for general conference talks for Saturday for the sisters. They are progressing so well and are planning on getting married but it’s a 6 month process so we will have to wait it out, but they will get there and be baptized in the time they need to. We are really working with their kids and they are all progressing really well. 

Today we got to go through the temple to do initiatory work. I was able to do our great grandma x5 and the next month I’ll be able to do her endowments. It was a really special feeling in the temple. There was a strong feeling of peace and love there. It’s pretty cool cuz when we go it’s caked with missionaries! It’s really cool to see everyone there doing the work of their family and I know those people are so ready to be able to keep continuing in the next life. I am just so grateful to be able to have the ability to go to the House of the Lord and really feel the love he has for me! I am so grateful for all of you and the gift I have been given, to have you all to be my family and all of the support you have all given me right now. I know this church is true with every part of my heart and I know it was restored by a prophet called of God! I love you all and hope you all have the best week! 

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Velasquez

No comments:

Post a Comment