Monday, April 27, 2015

Milagros! Milagros! Milagros!

Hermana Hoggan and me! (a little wardrobe sharing going on!)
I found my cousins! This is Mr. and Mrs. Velasquez!

Just a tiny hill in Alameda Campeche.
Alameda Campeche

Okay, so I had some pretty neat experiences this week, well mainly two! We got in some small arguments with some Jehovah’s Witnesses; they scare me. They come to our house and try to preach to us, but we just don’t go outside. I did give one a folleto of the restoration once; they didn’t like that very much.

The last week we found that our A/C works in one of the rooms! I taped the window so the bugs wouldn’t get in (thanks for the idea Eric! from your car window!) then we moved our hammocks into the other room and we are now sleeping like babies! It was soooo bad before, we had two fans that were just moving the hot air around in our faces all night, but we were SAVED! 

On Wednesday we were waiting for a bus, it was late and we had to get back to our house. We were waiting for like 10 minutes and then a taxi drove by and I asked should we take it!? And then it drove by. We decided that if another one drove by before the bus that we would go in it. We saw a bus turn the corner and started coming for us, I said oh well I guess we just weren’t meant to take a taxi. Then all of the sudden one cut off the bus and came for us. We took that as a sign that we needed to just take the taxi home. We got in and started contacting the driver. We got his address and gave him a folleto. The next day we went looking for him. No luck, wasn’t home. The next day we were back in the area and decided to look for him again. We found a lady there and she was like his mistress or something because he didn’t live there, but only sometimes comes. We talked with her a little and she had talked with the missionaries before; we have another sita to go back with her this week. Before we left we asked for a reference; she said she didn’t know anyone, but then right before we left she says some members of our church lived in front of her. We didn’t know them, so we left and yelled at their door. A lady came out and we presented ourselves; she’s not a member, but her sons are. She said they weren’t home, but maybe another day. We tried contacting her, but she was a little hard hearted. We left and told her we will come back the next week. She just shewed us away. We started walking two houses down and started contacting this lady outside her house with her two sons. 3 minutes into the contact, the lady of the member yelled for us to come back. We paused our time with the contact, and went back. When we went back she said one of her sons were home and wanted to start going back to church. He came out and started talking with us. He said he hasn’t gone to church for 8 years but wants to start going back now, and feels like he is ready. His wife isn’t a member, but he wants to try and get her to come to church too! It was really cool, because you could just see how excited he was to have missionaries back at his home.

After that we went back and talked with the lady that was outside her house and taught them a lesson and now have them as investigators, and they gave us 3 other people to talk to. All of this happened only because we decided to take a taxi 3 days earlier. It is so true that the Lord put people or things in our path so we can help others. The Holy Ghost really does speak so quietly to us, we just have to listen for it! If we wouldn’t have taken the bus this never would have happened, or if we never would have stopped to talk with the lady outside her house, the mom of the less active never would have found us to talk with her son, we wouldn’t have found any of these great people that we did in less than 1 hour, all because the Lord put something in our path and we chose to follow it. This was a really great experience for me to really learn to listen and feel for the spirit. There are so many different things that could happen if we do or don’t listen to the spirit and follow the plan the Lord has for us. 

One other thing that was amazing this week. The last 4 weeks I have had this weird rash on my upper leg, it was really big and it just looked like mosquito bites, but they didn’t go away. I finally called and went to the doctor. He gave me cream and told me I had to go get blood taken just to see. The next day we went and got the results back and another doctor looked at it and said I had/have Dengue (I’m not sure if that’s exactly how you spell it) It’s an infection you get from mosquito bites. It’s really bad actually. It’s like West Nile virus I think, but a little worse. Your body just kind of shuts down or something like that. Anyways the doctor said they took some of the tests 2 times and said that it was very, very weird and not normal, but my body just healed its self from the sickness completely. I never felt sick or had any of the illness, it just felt itchy. I talked with the wife of the President and she was freaking out a little about it, because another missionary had it and was in the hospital for 5 days. I was really, really blessed to have this blessing happen. I know Heavenly Father is really watching over me and really is helping me be here and keep going. I know that it wasn’t just some weird thing that my body did by itself, but that it was the Lord helping me not get sick and end up in a hospital! I am so grateful for all of the blessings that have happened this week, and there were so many more, but I have no time to write them all! I know that He is here beside me and helping me every moment of every day! I love you all and thanks for all of your prayers! They really are helping me! Every single one of them! 

Stay happy and humble! Count your blessings! 
Love Hermana Velasquez

Oh, P.S. Just so you don’t all freak out; I have pills that I’m taking 2 times a day to wipe it all clean from my body and I’ll have another check up here soon, so don’t worry about me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment