Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Prayers between Home and Mexico


They were power washing the temple...

We had interchanges with these great sisters this week!
Hermano Pascua and I a couple of weeks ago (before the haircut).
This guy, Danial rides by us almost every day and every time we see him we invite him to church and he never shows up, but we have faith that one day he will!
These are some fun little kids that are in our ward. They remind me lots of the grand kids!

This is Hermana Esther. She is a member from one year ago and she is super great! And this is her son Victor. We have been working with him and he is progressing really well! It is so fun to see his progress!
We went to a duck pond the other day.
Hello family! 

I hope you are all enjoying the cold weather there in Idaho because I sure am here! It has rained all weekend and rain brings cold air into the house at night.  And guess what! I slept with a blanket the other night and it was great! Usually we are dying of heat in our hammocks. Oh, and ya know what? Our great landlord lady turned on the hot water last week and ya know what that means!!!!! NO MORE COLD SHOWERS!!!!! Also we now have a scale to weigh ourselves in the house. Safe to say… we have the best house in the mission.

This week was a pretty great week! Every week here has just gotten better and better! I did my first intercambio this week and it was really, really fun. I was with this new Hermana. It was her first week in the mission and she had LOTS more confidence than I did at the beginning! She is really nice; she’s from Mexico City. I was a little nervous at first but it was all fun. We walked in the rain for a good hour and a half, but we got a little bit cleaner because of it. Friday night we had an activity where we watched “Meet the Mormons” as a ward and we invited our investigators to it. Martin, Hipolito and Victor came and they all liked it a lot! It was fun to watch it again! We watched it outside and we ate popcorn and pan and other good Mexican things. 

I want to tell you guys about something cool I realized the other day in a lesson. One of our investigators was saying the last prayer and he prayed for you guys. He prayed for your health and that you are all happy. That’s not the first time that’s happened. Most of the lessons we have people pray for you. They don’t know you or even know what you look like or how you are, but they are praying for you. I think that’s a big reason why missionaries’ families get so many blessings. It’s not just because I’m here but many people are praying for you. More than once a day actually. I thought that was pretty neat to think about and I thought that you should all know that many people here in Mexico are praying for all of you. I pray for you guys every night and I feel your prayers every day I am here. Thanks so much for all of the prayers and all of the emails and support! 

Les quiero mucho! 
Hermana Velasquez 

No comments:

Post a Comment