Monday, July 27, 2015

Bendiciones de la vida feliz



Hey Fam! 
Not too much happened this week, but I do want to share a really cool experience I had this week. 
The other day we had a lesson with Martin and Fatima. We were talking about diezmo y ayuno and the bendiciones que a persona can receive in their lives. They accepted it full heartedly. Sometimes Martin just says things sometimes that just throw me off a little. We were talking and he said something about how God answers our prayers in weird ways. I asked what ways he was talking about and he told us about what was happening in his life before we started teaching them. He said the week before we walked into his store he was really depressed with his life and that he felt like he needed a change. He told us that his friends were a bad example and that they were just bad people, he didn’t know what he was going to do with his life, if he should study or just keep working. Basically, he just said he felt lost and that he needed to change his life. Three days after this, Hermana Hoggan and I walked in to buy us some Reca; it’s this really good juice. We started talking to them and got to know them, and here we are now with him going to get baptized next week! He just said how it was funny how God works and how he can send us our answers is different ways that are a little weird. He was funny, he said “it was like God was writing it all out of what was going to happen. And then the two Hermana’s walked into the tienda and changed everything." When he told me that I just got that big burst of energy and reminder for why I am here. I don’t know where they are or who they are, but I know that there are people waiting to be found and brought back to this gospel. It really confirmed to me that we really are directed to where we need to be when we need to be there.

Another thing that happened on Tuesday: We had about 3 hours left and our 3 appointments fell through real fast. We had 3 hours of nothingness. We went and said a prayer to have people to find that need our help. Afterwards we went and sat on the stairs so I could find a direction in my bag. This guy walked by and we started talking with him and he accepted us real quick. We went back yesterday and found out that he wants to better his life and get away from his drinking problem. After we talked to him on the stairs we found 3 more people that were really great and one we found that we had been looking for, for about 2 weeks. I really felt the love of the Lord in that time. 

I know he will be there to help us throughout every bad and good day we have. I know that He lives and that He lives here with us. Not only missionaries can find people to help, but everyone. I love this gospel and all of the great blessings that can come from this knowledge that is in it. I know we can receive blessings every day and through those blessings that we can live with more happiness. I love you all and hope that you can look for those opportunities to help others and share the blessings and the happiness that you have in this gospel! 

Love, Hermana Velasquez

PS: I didn’t take pictures this week; sorry...

No comments:

Post a Comment