Monday, July 13, 2015

June 22, 2015 HAPPY FATHERS DAY! DIA DE PADRE!



Hey dad! I just want to wish you a HAPPY FATHERS DAY to the best dad in the whole world! I love you so much and I am so happy that you are my dad and for all that you have done and supported me in! I sent you a letter awhile ago and you should get it this week or the next I hope! I sent it with some people that live in texas and they should send it to you this week! I love you so much and hope you had a great day yesterday! Mom told me all about how you guys shared about the gospel with your coworker! Thats super great! Without fear dad! 
Happy fathers day! Love you bunches! 


We took a trip to Walmart! It was quite the experience! We didn't buy really anything; we just wanted to be there!
It was so great!
Hermana Hoggan and me with a member.


This is Daniel. He is going to get baptized on the 4TH OF JULY!
He was supposed to get baptized last week but he just wasn't ready yet, but he is so great! 


We were supposed to do a funny face but they didn't all exactly follow me on that one but it's okay! These kids are just the cutest! We sing with them and all, and we taught the family but the parents are just not into it and never listen to us when we are teaching. They only like us to sing with their kids and teach them. The biggest little girl has been reading in the Book of Mormon and she is at the end of Alma! So Halle, Kyson, Easton, and Ethan, I challenge you all to start reading the Book of Mormon and see what new things you can learn from the Book of Mormon! 

Hey Family! 

So this week was a pretty good one, but went really, really slow! Which I really don’t mind because this mission is going sooo fast and it really feels like I’m still one of the new missionaries! It’s crazy how fast these 10 1/2 months have gone! Yesterday we spoke in church. I was given the topic of Father’s Day and also the word of wisdom. I didn’t really know how to apply them together very well, but it all worked out well. I just spoke about how dad was always a good example to us with not drinking or smoking or any kind of drugs. You too mom - don’t worry! It worked out good!

On Saturday Daniel and his mom Beti went to the temple with the ward in Merida and they LOVED it! It was so great, they came off the bus just smiling. I am really excited for them. We are working with Beti to get married to the guy she’s living with. And her son Daniel is just doing great! They have had a lot of hard times though, but they’re doing great with the gospel in their lives! 

So this last week we found this kinda crazy investigator lady but she is pretty cool at the same time. She told us this cool story though of when she was little. She told us her birthdays - of her and her siblings - we just the best. She talked about how they were all so excited when someone’s birthday came. We asked “oh was it the cake?” She said “no”, we asked “was it the presents?” She said “no”, that every time her mom would make rice with milk and they would all get to eat some together and they were just the happiest children for it! It was cool to see her tell the story. She said that it’s a lot different now and her kids aren’t as humble as she was when she was younger, but that she was always so happy when she was younger, because her mom taught them how to be humble. 

Okay, last story for the road. Yesterday we were walking down this hill that we NEVER have gone down before. As we were walking we passed this house with these two bull dogs outside. They started barking at us and I just started walking on the other side of the road and I thought they were tied up, but NOPE! They both lunged at me, and Hermana Hoggan was out of there! I didn’t run because if you run they just chase you. So I was trying to walk away and then 3 more came out and they all surrounded me and were barking and I just did this really girly high-pitched scream and Hermana Hoggan turned back and was in a panic and didn’t know what to do and neither did I, so I grabbed my water bottle and was swingin’ at ‘em, and that just made them more mad. And all of a sudden I just felt their mouths all over my legs. I was trying to walk away this whole time. So I just stopped, turned around at them and somehow got away. It was the scariest 15 seconds of my life. I don’t know how, but somehow I got away without a bite on my legs because their mouths were all over them. I was shaking so bad after that and we just started laughing really hard so we wouldn’t cry! Ha-ha, I just ended up with a bunch of slime all over my legs. That was a pretty good blessing from the Lord! Once again he protects his missionaries from the crazy Mexican dogs! 

I hope you all have a great time in Cali those of you who are all going! Be safe. Don’t do stupid things! Love you all and have a great week! 

Love Hermana Velasquez!  

No comments:

Post a Comment