Friday, September 4, 2015

August 29, 2015: Email on a Saturday



Hey fam! So this week not too much happened for two causes. The first, I wasn’t allowed to walk distances this week, and second we haven’t finished the week yet because it’s Saturday... we are here in Mérida in the Family Search Center writing. 

Anyways, some good highlights this week was my feet feel pretty good! I took one of the medications that they gave me and I felt awful! I thought I was going to pass out. I felt loopy and like I was going to crash land on the floor. I went and slept for a good 3 hours. Then we had a lesson we had to go to so I went all loopy and I’m pretty sure they thought I was going to pass out, ha-ha! They were members so it was okay. Their dad is listening to the lessons right now. I think I talked about him before; Ricardo, the one who had a heart attack. We invited him to be baptized and he rejected it because he doesn’t feel ready, but he likes going to church. He says he will get baptized one day, and I totally believe it, because he’s great! He just faults to pray for an answer. I know once he starts to pray and really read in the Book of Mormon he will feel ready. 

The other night we left with our mission leader to go teach some lessons. We´ve been trying to find some part-member families this week, but lots of them have changed houses and live in another area. We had some really good luck the other night. We were almost done for the night and almost went home, but I was looking through the lists and I found one that lived close to where we were, so we went. We were looking for this little boy that still needs to be baptized; he’s 9 or 10 years old. Anyways, we went to the house and found his mother. She’s like 28 or so. But she let us in and we were able to talk with her. The house where we were at was the house of her mom and nobody was living there before her. She had just moved into that house in the morning and we found her that night. She said that she was just thinking how she wanted to start going back to church and baptize her little boy and bless her baby. It was really cool to see how we were sent there by the Lord in that exact time. I love moments like this. When you can just see how the Lord is directing you so perfectly to where you need to be! It just makes me love this work more and more every day! 

It’s been a slow week, but we still have success and saw blessings in our lives! 
I love you all and hope you have a great Saturday! 

les quiero mucho,
Hermana Velasquez

No comments:

Post a Comment