Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Challenges Bring Blessings: "Night of White", Mexico City Temple dedication, and 5 shots in the behind!


We went back to immigration on Thursday and we went and took pictures here again. (See November 2014 pics)





I had a little party for you guys with these two here in Mexico! 
Dafne! and her family! 


I saw Hermana Hoggan on Thursday! It was a great reunion! 
Hey fam!!!
First things first: 
Happy Birthday Padre E grande! I hope you have the best day today!!!! 
Happy Birthday Misty!!! Hope you had a super day! You’re awesome!!!
Happy Birthday Brooklynn!!! Hope you have a great day! Love you bunches!
Happy Birthday Charli!!!! You’re so old - felicidades!!!
Happy Anniversary Tia and Matt!!!!!!!!
Happy Anniversary MOM AND DAD!!!!! 36 YEARS AND GOING STRONG!!!!! 

Love you all so much!!!!

So this week was a little crazy, but ended really well. Surprise, surprise… I was sick again this week. I had an infection in my throat. They first thought I had dengue again because I had a really high fever, but it just ended up being a strong infection in my throat. So therefore, I am getting shots every day for 5 days in the behind.... the one thing I don’t like about Campeche is the doctors. 

On Wednesday we went to Merida to go to immigration because I’ve been here for one year now and I had to sign some papers.  I got to see Hermana Hoggan and that was really fun! I love seeing her! We also got to see a few others of my friends here and that was good! When we came back we were able to go out and work a little bit, but almost no. We were able to see the people we have that are progressing so that was good!

On Saturday we had this night that was called “night of white”. It was a huge baptism of 18 people in the stake that got baptized. And Dafne was able to get baptized and it was so great! I was really happy for her and she just looked so cute! She was just smiling so big the whole time; she was very nervous, but she did it with lots of excitement and bravery! I really do love this little girl, she’s just got a huge heart and a strong spirit, and she is a really good example to me. Every time I am able to see someone get baptized it is just the biggest confirmation for me that this church is true, and that I know these people are taking a huge step and are making such a great promise to the Lord and the blessings they will receive are life changing. 

On Sunday we were able to go and watch the dedication of the Mexico City temple!  We also got to watch the cultural event and it was really pretty. It talked about when the church came to Mexico and how they all had to go to Arizona to get to the temple and when they got one here in Mexico it was a huge blessing for them. In the dedication Elder Holland spoke and it was so powerful! He spoke about family history and how we are the saviors for our ancestors. He can really bring the spirit in! This made me really excited for conference that’s coming in less than a month! 

Well in all of the craziness in this week we were still able to receive and witness great blessings here. I know the Lord watches over us every moment we are here and that he wants us to succeed in everything we do!  Eric - I am so excited for you and for the growth your family will receive through your new calling as Bishop! I know your ward will be blessed and that they will learn a lot from you! Felicidades Hermano! 

Thanks for getting married mom and dad, and for not stopping at 5 kids so I could be here! Love you all so much and hope that you all have a great week! I love hearing from you all so much!...you too Tia... Count your blessings and love every day with your family! 

Les quiero mucho!
Hermana Velasquez

No comments:

Post a Comment